Product | KH750AES | Detail Description
The Interface Between AES67 Studio Infrastructure and All KH Line Monitors
The compact KH 750 AES67, as a product variant of the KH 750 DSP, is the ideal subwoofer for routing audio over IP in an existing AES67 studio infrastructure all the way to the loudspeakers in a redundant and lossless manner. It thus serves as the link between the studio’s digital ST2110/AES67 data stream and all KH line monitors.
By adding more KH 750 AES67 subwoofers, stereo systems of any size can be realized. The KH 750 AES67 adds AES67 connectivity and retains all other features of the KH 750 DSP such as the unique and flexible Bass Manager as well as analog and digital inputs, four routing modes, and adaptable acoustical controls to be used in many different configurations and setups.
The KH 750 AES67 model variant offers newly integrated redundant AES67 audio network ports that are fully compliant with broadcast standards such as ST 2110 and ST 2022-7 redundancy. At the same time, the KH 750 AES67 is compatible with DANTE®-generated AES67 network streams.
The KH 750 AES67 thus enables all pairs of KH line monitors to be integrated into a redundant AES67 IP network.
More about the KH 750 AES67
In conjunction with the MA 1 - Automatic Monitor Alignment software, which is available for Mac and PC, the entire system can be precisely calibrated to suit the room character. This includes the analog monitors connected to it, which can be perfectly adapted to the room by correcting both amplitude and phase via the powerful DSP integrated in the subwoofer.
The newly designed 10” long-throw driver has a strong linear working magnet system with ELFF™ technology (Extremely Linear Force Factor™). As subwoofers are usually placed on the floor, a robust grille protects the driver from accidental damage. The ultra-compact cabinet is a closed design, which ensures the fastest possible transient response. The two analog XLR inputs are balanced as are the two analog XLR outputs. The 192 kHz / 24-bit digital input can accept AES3 and S/PDIF signals. If no signal is present for more than 90 minutes, the auto bypass function reduces power consumption to 0.3 W.
The KH 750 AES67 can be used in music, broadcast, and post production studios for tracking, mixing, and mastering.
- Bass extension of a stereo monitoring system
- Increasing the maximum SPL of the loudspeaker system
- Decreasing harmonic and intermodulation distortion of the loudspeaker system
- Reproduction of the LFE channel
- Reproduction of the “Sub” signal of a bass managed multichannel source
- Extension for KH line subwoofer systems
- AES67/ST 2110 network integration
This device supports Sennheiser Sound Control (SSC) based on TCP and IPv6. The static IPv6 address of the device can be found using mDNS. For more information on SSC, please refer to the Sennheiser website (for example here).
Please note: We do welcome the community of users implementing custom control solutions for KH monitors based on SSC. However we do not offer technical support on using the protocol and the customer support organization will not address issues with custom monitor control applications or side effects Neumann applications. Using the SSC protocol outside the Neumann applications is done at your own risk. Neumann does not warrant SSC functionality outside of the MA 1 - Automatic Monitor Alignment Application. Future firmware releases may implement a different control protocol than SSC.
(1) Compact ultra stiff wooden cabinet
- Tough painted finish and high density rubber isolating feet
- Excellent self-damping properties leading to minimal cabinet resonances
- No standing wave resonances inside cabinet
- Tight bass sound due to very low group delay
(2) In-house modelled long-throw bass driver with Extremely Linear Force Factor™ (ELFF™) and robust built-in grille
- Damping of break up modes brings low distortion at high sound levels
- Extremely linear force factor provides low harmonic distortion even at high excursions
- Reduced air noise and improved rocking modes
- Grille protects against mechanical damage
(3) 2.0/ 0.1 Bass Management
- Stereo and externally bass managed applications
- Bypassable 4th order crossover for maximum compatibility with consumer reproduction systems
- Allows main loudspeakers to play louder and with lower distortion
(4) Four routing modes
- Stereo 80 Hz bass management
- External bass management
- LFE up to 120 Hz
- LFE full range
(5) XLR electronically balanced analog inputs and outputs
- Standard interfacing to professional equipment
- Daisy chain output for subwoofer arrays
(6) Wide range input gain and output level controls
- Easier interfacing with signal sources
8-position phase control, continuous low cut control
- More control in various acoustical environments
- Easy to correct room modes
(7) Universal switched-mode power supply (100 … 240 V)
- One version works in any country and robust to poor quality mains supply
(8) Ground lift
- Reduced noise in electrically noisy environments and overcomes ground loops
(9) Low heat dissipation amplifiers with large headroom and sophisticated protection circuitry
- Improved transient response
- Assured reliability and safety
Separate thermo limiter to protect the voice coil and power amplifier
- Soft clip and excursion limiters
- Increases system reliability
- Allows extraction of the maximum performance from the system
(10) Digital input and output
- 192 kHz, 24-bit conversion
- BNC connector: AES3 and S/P-DIF signals
(11) Network connector using standard IP protocol and your existing network infrastructure
- Loudspeaker system can be controlled via the MA 1 – Automatic Monitor Alignment Software
(12) Control function
- Toggle switch to select operation and calibration on the device or via the network with the MA 1 - Automatic Monitor Alignment software.
(13) Input selector switch
- For switching the input source from analog / digital AES3 (automatic) to AES67