Product | KH750DSP | Detail Description
DSP power for all
The compact KH 750 DSP is the ideal choice for smaller rooms and smaller studio monitors. It has a unique and flexible Bass Manager (2.0/0.1), analog and digital inputs, four routing modes and adaptable acoustical controls to be used in many different configurations.
In addition to its outstanding acoustic properties this DSP-based subwoofer offers functions for the Neumann monitors connected to its outputs regarding the interplay with the following tools:
- Automatic Monitor Alignment – Automatic room correction of stereo systems using the Neumann MA 1 measurement microphone (software for Mac/PC)
- Neumann.Control – Free iPad®-App for setup, operation, and room correction of stereo systems via guided and/or manual alignment
This also applies to all non DSP-based Neumann monitors connected (analog) to the KH 750 DSP, which enables them to make use of the subwoofer’s DSP power.
More about the KH 750 DSP
The newly designed 10” long-throw driver has a strong linear working magnet system with ELFF™ technology (Extremely Linear Force Factor™). As subwoofers are usually placed on the floor, a robust grille protects the driver from accidental damage. The ultra-compact cabinet is a closed design which brings the fastest possible transient response.
The two analog XLR inputs are balanced as are the two analog XLR outputs. The 192 kHz / 24-bit digital input can accept AES3 and S/P-DIF signals. There is a bypassable standby function and the switch-off time can be adjusted in the Neumann.Control iPad® app.
The KH 750 DSP can be used in music, broadcast, and post production studios for tracking, mixing, and mastering.
- Increasing the bass extension of the monitoring system
- Increasing the maximum SPL of loudspeakers
- Decreasing harmonic and intermodulation distortion of loudspeakers
- Reproducing the LFE channel
- Reproducing the “Sub” signal of a bass managed multichannel source
- Working as an extension for KH line subwoofer systems
This device supports Sennheiser Sound Control (SSC) based on TCP and IPv6. The static IPv6 address of the device can be found using mDNS. For more information on SSC, please refer to the Sennheiser website (for example here).
Please note: We do welcome the community of users implementing custom control solutions for KH monitors based on SSC. However we do not offer technical support on using the protocol and the customer support organization will not address issues with custom monitor control applications or side effects Neumann applications. Using the SSC protocol outside the Neumann applications is done at your own risk. Neumann does not warrant SSC functionality outside of the MA 1 - Automatic Monitor Alignment Application. Future firmware releases may implement a different control protocol than SSC.
(1) Compact ultra stiff wooden cabinet
- Tough painted finish and high density rubber isolating feet
- Excellent self-damping properties leading to minimal cabinet resonances
- No standing wave resonances inside cabinet
- Tight bass sound due to very low group delay
(2) In-house modelled long-throw bass driver with Extremely Linear Force Factor™ (ELFF™) and robust built-in grille
- Damping of break up modes brings low distortion at high sound levels
- Extremely linear force factor provides low harmonic distortion even at high excursions
- Reduced air noise and improved rocking modes
- Grille protects against mechanical damage
(3) 2.0/ 0.1 Bass Management
- Stereo and externally bass managed applications
- Bypassable 4th order crossover for maximum compatibility with consumer reproduction systems
- Allows main loudspeakers to play louder and with lower distortion
(4) Four routing modes
- Stereo 80 Hz bass management
- External bass management
- LFE up to 120 Hz
- LFE full range
(5) XLR electronically balanced analog inputs and outputs
- Standard interfacing to professional equipment
- Daisy chain output for subwoofer arrays
(6) Wide range input gain and output level controls
- Easier interfacing with signal sources
8-position phase control, continuous low cut control
- More control in various acoustical environments
- Easy to correct room modes
(7) Universal switched-mode power supply (100 … 240 V)
- One version works in any country and robust to poor quality mains supply
(8) Ground lift
- Reduced noise in electrically noisy environments and overcomes ground loops
(9) Low heat dissipation amplifiers with large headroom and sophisticated protection circuitry
- Improved transient response
- Assured reliability and safety
Separate thermo limiter to protect the voice coil and power amplifier
- Soft clip and excursion limiters
- Increases system reliability
- Allows extraction of the maximum performance from the system
(10) Digital input and output
- 192 kHz, 24-bit conversion
- BNC connector: AES3 and S/P-DIF signals
(11) Network connector using standard IP protocol and your existing network infrastructure
- Loudspeaker system can be controlled via the Neumann.Control iPad®-App and the MA 1 - Automatic Monitor Alignment Software.
(12) Control function
- Toggle switch for selection of operation and calibration on the device or via the network using the Neumann.Control iPad® app and the MA 1 - Automatic Monitor Alignment software.
(13) (13) Standby function
- Reduces power consumption when product is not in use.
More features (with Neumann.Control iPad® app)
- Lip-sync delay (100 ms): To align audio and video signals up to 2.5 frames at 50 Hz or 3 frames at 60 Hz
- Time-of-flight delay (2 x 20.8 ms): To compensate for listening distance differences up to 7.2 m (12 ft 5 in)
iPad® is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.